Your mind and body require optimum rest to function better. Often, you’re advised to go to bed on time and sleep solidly for about 7-9 hours for good health and well-being. But, due to stress, anxiety issues, lifestyle habits, and other reasons, it takes us a long time than usual to fall asleep. This difficulty in sleeping indicates that you may be dealing with insomnia, a serious sleep issue prevalent in modern times. Various studies have revealed that insomnia is prevalent in 10%–30% of the world population. The problem not only affects your emotional state and mental health but also saps your energy levels, thereby adversely affecting your health, state of mind, work-life balance, personal life, relationships, and even more.
While deep sleep comes naturally for some people, others may often spend their nights tossing and turning for hours, and this struggle to fall asleep. If you’re also facing trouble sleeping and are willing to know how to get rid of sleepissues naturally, this blog is for you. In this post, we will share a few potent herbs that help you tackle and manage sleep-related concerns.
6 Potent Herbs That Help in Sleep
This naturally occurring herb is recommended to promote restful sleep. When taken in suitable quantities, it acts as one of the best Ayurvedic medicine for insomnia, as it calms down anxieties, relieves stress, and improves the sleep cycle. Kerala Ayurveda is now offering this mystic herb in an all-new fun-filled, easy-to-use form with a twist – Ashwagandha Sparkles: the one-stop solution to enhance your mood, destress, and recharge your day.
- Take 1-2 tablets of Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Ashwagandha twice a day with water after meals. These tablets are easy to digest, and do not cause stomach distress or any other side effect.
– Prepare a concoction using Ashwagandha root powder and take it to relax your mind. It helps calm Vata, thereby reducing the symptoms of stress and helping you sleep naturally.
– Take 1/4–1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha root powder
– Boil it in 2 cups of water.
– Add a pinch of ginger to it.
– Boil this concoction and add honey.
– Drink this tea to relax your mind.
This herb has the potential to improve the quality of your sleep and is widely regarded as a natural sleep-inducer. Enriched with apigenin, an antioxidant that promotes sleepiness and reduces insomnia, is a good Ayurvedic cure for insomnia.
If you have been facing trouble falling asleep, drinking chamomile tea, especially before your bedtime, is certainly worth a try.
- Put camomile flowers in hot water.
- Let it infuse for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the flowers before you pour the tea to serve.
- Add honey if you want to enhance its taste.
Valerian, also known as Tagar, is a herb that helps to manage insomnia due to its mild sedative properties. This potent herb calms the nervous system due to its Tridosha balancing property, especially Vata balancing, which helps you relieve anxiety and sleep naturally. According to a study, menopausal and postmenopausal women can improve their sleep quality and get rid of sleep disorder symptoms by using this herb
– Take 1-2 gm of Tagar powder.
– Add Tagar powder in some milk and take it after dinner for best results.
Jatamansi, is also known as “tapaswani” in Ayurveda. This potent herb nourishes and rejuvenates the nervous system and has a unique Nidrajanana (sleep-inducing) which helps you sleep naturally in time.
This herb is highly effective in reducing anxiety and calming down the brain due to its Tridosha balancing properties. And, it works as an Ayurvedic cure for insomnia. To get the benefits of this herb you can
– Take 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Jatamansi Powder.
– Consume it with honey once or twice a day after meals to cure insomnia.
The soothing fragrance of this herb helps to enhance sleep. This aromatic plant contains certain constituents that reduce anxiety and have anti-depressant property. It pacifies the aggravated Vata and calms the nervous system. Lavender oil, an important essential oil used in aromatherapy, is highly effective in reducing anxiety, balancing your mind, and curing insomnia. If you’re wondering how to get rid of sleep problems using lavender oil, try this
- Put a few drops of lavender oil in a diffuser.
- Place the diffuser in your bedroom and create a soothing atmosphere to sleep
This is a healing plant for soothes your nerves and mood. Studies have shown that simply inhaling the aroma of rosemary essential oil helps reduce the levels of cortisol, a type of stress hormone.
While high cortisol levels are caused by stress and anxiety which leads to sleep-related problems, using this potent herb lowers the levels of these hormones and promotes calm, thereby managing problems like sleep difficulty. Rosemary oil helps you combat stress instantly and sleep smoothly and naturally. Just add a few drops of rosemary oil into a diffuser and create a soothing sleeping atmosphere before your bedtime or
- Take 295 ml of water and boil it.
- Put 1 teaspoon of loose rosemary leaves into it.
- Strain this mixture or remove leaves from it.
- Pour this tea into a cup and enjoy.
Nature has bestowed us with certain herbs that can be used prudently to manage sleep-related issues. By using these herbs and formulations made from them, we can safely and effectively manage sleep difficulties, without experiencing side effects the next day. For instance, instead of using chemical-laden sleeping pills, they can use Blissful Sleep, a clinically tested and non-addictive sleep formulation prepared using nature’s best herbs like Ashwagandha, Tagara, and Jatamansi, that work synergistically towards correcting your sleep issues, especially if you’ve been facing difficulty in falling asleep. It is also important to remember that taking a healthy diet, following a proper bedtime routine, and embracing healthy lifestyle changes are equally important to get rid of sleep problems.
Comments will be approved before showing up.